Search This Blog

Thursday, June 19, 2008

Bert's Travel , first entry.

I had better get started with my blog, or this excursion will be over before I get a picture on here. Let me just briefly tell you that I now have a keen understanding of the old proverb: All's well that ends well. I arrived well in my old home town Braunau on the river Inn and found my sisters Inge and Irmgard as well as I could expect under the circumstances. In fact, Inge was better than I feared. She sufferes tremendously from her loss of her elder son Helmut, who past away at age 52....And she feared that my loss of Gladys, coupled with her loss will combine into an uninterupted session of sorrow. Nothing, in fact could be further from the truth. We reminisc a lot, but we laugh a lot. Maybe I can take a little credit for this.

Be this as it may....the weather has turned beautiful. The sun shines from an unobstructed blue sky.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: