Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 20, 2018

The Best of the Best

Now I've seen it:
The Best of the Best!
The Most Beautiful of the Beautiful!
The Most Elegant of the Elegant!
I saw the Canadian Figure Skating Pair, Tessa Virtue and Scott Moir,
skate to the Gold Medal in Ice Dancing.
They were closely followed by the pairs from France and the USA.
While the runner-ups did their utmostr and skated brilliantly,
they could not match the Certainty, the Elegance, the Panache
of the Canadian Duo.
Do you remember the British team of Torvill and Dean?
They, who made the "Bolero" famous among people who had never heard of Ravel before.
They were the Icons of Ice Dancing at the Sarajevo Olympics in 1984.
Judges gave them a never before heard of twelve 6s and six 5.9s.
Well, Torvill and Dean have just been dethroned
by Virtue and Moir as the greatest ice dancers EVER.

I know that Canadian athletes have achieved other great results
about which I have not written.
I just figure that you will hear about all of it in the papers and on the TV News.

Let me just tell you: If you are a Canadian: Be proud !

Bertstravels
certainly is

No comments: